Why Immigrate to Cyprus?
Immigration is a big step to take that requires careful consideration in order to find a suitable location for your new home. Cyprus offers new immigrant citizens some of the best conditions found anywhere around the world:
- Stable economic environment
- European Union member status
- Strong business and trading relations with other EU member states
- Low cost of living
- High standard of living
- High-level education system
- Low corporate tax rate of just 12.5% (the lowest in the EU)
Why Apply for a European Citizenship Through Cyprus?
Having a Cyprus citizenship automatically give you European citizenship, too. Cyprus has one of the easiest and most straightforward citizenship application processes in Europe, offering many conveniences to eligible.
- A single application provides Cyprus citizenship and passports for the entire family, including the spouse of the applicant, any children under 18 years of age, and adult depndent children (over 18 years and up to 28 years of age). Neither the spouse nor the children need to meet any financial criteria. The parents of the investor have the right to obtain citizenship as well.
- A fast-track process ensures you receive your citizenship and passports within 90 days of your application—the fastest in Europe.
- The application process is open to all nationalities.
- There are no requirements to reside in Cyprus either before, during, or after the approval of the citizenship application.
- No local language or history tests are required in order to apply.
- No government donations are requested or expected from applicants.
What Are the Benefits of Obtaining Cyprus Citizenship?
Obtaining Cyprus citizenship can open many doors to a better future for you and your family.
- Citizenship is valid for life and can be passed onto future generations by descent.
- There are no tax consequences since applicants do not become tax residents in Cyprus, unless they spend more than 183 days in the country during a single calendar year.
- Visa-free travel to over 157 countries, including Canada, Hong Kong, and Switzerland
- Freedom to live, work, study, and travel anywhere in Europe.
- You are free to establish a business in any European country.
- You can enjoy dual citizenship rights. Since Cyprus allows dual citizenship, the acquisition of a Cyprus citizenship is not reported to other countries.
- No restrictions on movement of capital. You can freely transfer any amount of money from any EU Member State to another, purchase property in any EU Member State, and invest in any activity.
- Excellent rental yields on real estate investments.
Which Investment Options Offer Cyprus Citizenship?
You can obtain a Cyprus citizenship through direct investments in Cyprus amounting to a minimum of €2 million and held for 3 years in one of the following:
- Investment in real estate, land development, or infrastructure projects.
- Purchase, creation of, or participation in businesses and companies that are based and operating in Cyprus. Such companies are required have a physical presence in Cyprus and employ at least 5 Cypriot citizens.
- Investment in Alternative Investment Funds (AIFs), bonds, debentures, and other securities registered and issued in the Republic of Cyprus, as well as investment in companies or organizations with substantial economic activity in Cyprus which are regulated by the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC).
What Are the Main Requirements for Cyprus Citizenship Application?
If you meet the following requirements, you can begin your Cyprus citizenship application at any time.
- Hold no criminal record for your country of origin and/or the Cyprus Police.
- Confirm that your name is not included on the list of persons whose property is ordered to be frozen within the European Union.
- Keep your investments in Cyprus for a minimum of 3 years.
- Hold a privately owned permanent residence in Cyprus of a minimum value of €500,000, excluding VAT. If your direct investment is made in residential property, this requirement does not apply.
- It is noted that members of the same family that apply separately as investors (children over 28 years of age, parents) can collectively acquire a residence, provided that the total value of this home-property covers the amount of €500.000 for each applicant. If the direct investment is made in residential property, this requirement is not applicable.